Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Michigan Tuesday: It's Big Ten Media Day

 


This is a day full of coach speak and players really not saying much, they've been trained not to.   I don't expect any controversy today, sometimes an East Lansing reporter will take a shot at Jimmy for not winning enough games or being able to beat the Spartans.   After a Big Ten Title, there shouldn't be much of that (although they didn't beat the Spartans).  Or Urban Meyer protecting his WR coach against abuse allegations which was the tipping point on him leaving Columbus.  

The reason I like this day is it's the official summer sign that camp is starting soon and Michigan Football will be in the Big House in about 6 weeks.  I also love seeing Mazi and DJ there, Cade and Erick to me are the easy picks but seeing two defenders that have really developed over the last season is pretty special. 

Jimmy will speak at 12:30.

  • Levert Hill is now on staff as an intern with the strength and conditioning team

  • UCF transfer Cam Goode seems to be fitting in well with his new teammates: “I thought having a transition from Florida to Michigan was going to be hard. But I’ve been going to the beach so it hasn’t been that bad of a transition,” Goode told The Michigan Insider on Sunday, a day after he spent the afternoon at Pere Marquette Beach in Muskegon. “The weather has been treating me well. People have been treating me well. Ann Arbor is an amazing place — young people, very energetic people. I’ve been having an amazing time.” ---- “Elston, that’s my guy,” Goode said. “Spending time doing film with him, just chopping it up. Cool guy. Just grabbing some food sometimes. He’s an amazing guy. I love Elston — he changed my life for the better — and I honestly can’t wait to be coached by him.” 
  • Davante Jones has signed a professional contract to play in France
  • I just read that diamond in the rough recruit Aymeric Koumba has a 7'2 wing span.  Yes, please!


3 comments:

Ron said...

Did one of the assistant strength and conditioning coaches leave which one do anybody know?

Bob said...

Hi Ron, Hill is just an intern so my guess is, he was a net add and not being paid.

ScottyDoggs said...

Cam Goode has been going to the beach ... try that trick in January in the Detroit River (LOL). Seriously there is nothing like the summer up North (I am from Toledo)... the summers in Texas are tough, long, and relentless .... nice before 10am then tolerable after 7pm. We pay the price in the summers, but the winters in Michigan and Ohio are relentless and unforgiving... I would love to move back up north bat cannot take the cold anymore... I will always love UM, but if they chose to do little with "NIL" ... more power to them. 7 win 5 losses won't be that bad. (What if that's a good year). Our white night might be the marijuana plant going in by Weber, he might finance the whole thing, but the drawback is the players are so "smoked up" ...they cannot open their eyes to see enough to play.