Thursday, March 23, 2023

Michigan Thursday: The Ohio Hits Just Keep Playing

Michigan's coaches have made an extra effort to recruit the State of Ohio the last couple of years.  It's known as one of the best high school football talent states in the country (with Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California).  So, it's been encouraging for the last two days that 2 recruits from Ohio have become Wolverines.  


The latest commitment for the 2024 class is 3-star Monster OT Ben Roebuck from Lakewood, OH who is currently 6'7 and 315 pounds as a high school junior.  My goodness that is a mountain of a young man! Potential Nickname: Sears? (Probably a too dated reference)

Ben had offers from the likes of: Tenn, PSU, MSU, Nebraska, UK, BC and many more! 

Ben joins fellow Ohio high schooler Luke Hamilton on the offensive line in the 2024 class.  I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan took another 2-3 offensive lineman in this class.   Michigan now has the #3 ranked class in the country, on 24/7.

Yes, Ben was a Buckeye fan growing up.  Who's next?

  • Michigan Football has seemly taken a JUCO Transfer from Los Angles in LB Vernon Tucker 
  • ND Basketball hired Penn State's head coach Micah Shrewsberry for the Irish Basketball Program.  Interesting choice.  

  

3 comments:

Ron said...

Has that been confirmed about the Juco transfer? First time I've heard about that

Blue said...

Reading over his personal statement sounds as if he's a very solid individual having what it takes to achieve his goals, hoping he makes the field (40 time skeptical):

"As a passionate and dedicated football player, my goal is to play college football at a great school. I am a multi-sport varsity athlete (football, wrestling and track), who is looking to achieve my goal of becoming an NCAA student athlete. I have a 4.0 GPA and I am on the Deans List. I have a passion for learning new things and striving to be the best I can be. Although my dad was absent, my love for football and athleticism comes from him. He played football, basketball, and baseball all his life. He stands at a massive 6’8 – 300lbs, and played defensive end. My work ethic, commitment and spirit come from my mom, who is a hard-working single mother. My mom put herself through graduate school while raising 3 sons on her own. Watching her, gave me the determination and will-power to be all I can be, in spite of all the adversity I faced. Being raised in the home with no father figure brought on many challenges for me. I have struggled academically but this has put the fire in me to be strong and never give up. I have matured and pulled myself up by my bootstraps. I have learned that with hard work and dedication, I can be and do anything that’s put in front of me.

I am confident that I will continue to develop as a linebacker, or what ever position best suited for the team. I am excited for my upcoming college years. If given the opportunity, I have no doubt, I would be a great asset to a college football team."

VERNON TUCKER's Football Recruiting Profile
Height:6'2"
Weight:220
40 Yard Dash 4.3
Bench Press 350
Squat 315





Brady2017 said...

I have a feeling we've heard the last from Blogger Thom, who blasted Michigan for not getting any recruits lately. Troll had a lot of nerve. He gone!