Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cell Block News and Notes: Recruiting Info - New Updates

  • Update: Rhonene Sanderson, Offensive Linemen (6-4, 280 lbs. Tackle) from Tampa is expected to visit Ann Arbor this weekend. He was up at MSU last weekend and got an offer from the Spartans.
  • Update #2: Detroit Lions hire Scot Loeffler as their QB Coach. Good thing Ryan Mallett didn't follow Scot. Food for thought: Chad Henne to the Lions in the second round? Henne to Johnson for the Touchdown! As a good ring to it!
  • Pryor HS Coach says he enjoyed his visit to Michigan
  • DJ Woods likes Brian Kelly and the Bearcats
  • Charles Mitchell a 4Star Safety from Mississippi is planning a Michigan visit
  • TP talks about the visit: "It was good, I'm real tired right now," said Pryor, who said he's received plenty of calls all day. "I got there Friday and got home [Sunday]. Charlie [Batch] came with me and we were both impressed. Coach Rodriguez pretty much handled everything, he was with us almost the whole time." "I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but I think I could play in any offense," he said. "But this is a good mix of pass and run and I liked it at West Virginia. saw a whole lot of Pat White plays this weekend, probably every one." - "I went to a basketball game and they chanted my name and all that," he said. "The fans were real nice and the players I met seemed cool. I don't remember a whole lot of names, but they were nice. And coach Rodriguez has brought his entire staff with him from West Virginia, so nothing is going to change. That's the offense he wants to run and he'd like me to run it." - "Mike Barwis, I liked him a lot," Pryor said. "I liked how they do their lifting and conditioning, that impressed me." - And is there a leader between the two rivals?
    "I can't say that, no," he said. "I talked over the Michigan visit with my dad when I got back and I still have a lot of comparing to do. And I'm going to take at least one or two more official visits if I can fit them in."
    Pryor said LSU, Oregon, Florida and Penn State are still in the running.
    "I don't have anything scheduled," he said. "I have like five basketball games this week so I don't know when I'm going to get out again or where. I need to figure that out soon but right now I'm just tired."
  • NCAA says no to the Pryor Party.
  • Michigan's top HS Prospect and Michigan recruit Nick Perry visited USC over the weekend.
  • Michigan Verbal Marcus Witherspoon is opening up his recruitment and is down to Michigan, Tennessee, and Rutgers. He will go with his gut and sign on 2/6: Witherspoon, a 6-foot-2, 225-pound senior who made a staggering 27 sacks last fall, also said he felt comfortable with new Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez, who recently visited him at Holy Spirit.

No comments: