Friday, December 17, 2010

Michigan Friday: Recuritng Updates

Dee Hart is a candidate for Army All American High School Player of the Year and was on ESPN's First Take yesterday.  Go Blue Dee!  I hope Dee will be able to drive a few hours and catch the Wolverines at the Gator Bowl in two weeks.  Dee got to attend the Heisman trophy presentation with a fun weekend in NYC.  He is also a Nascar fan.  (photo to the right from AJC and standing next to Dee is Michigan recruit Ray Drew)

You know how I love Walk On's.  Here is another story of what it takes to be a Michigan Man:  Lineman Zac Ciullo has been playing on the scout team, living a dream playing for the Wolverines and now heading to Law School.  Congratulations Zac, that is a wonderful story.

Here is an update from Dallas Crawford's coach from TomVH:  Dallas may take another visit to another school, but that's it. He asked me what I thought about everything, and I told him I think Michigan is an outstanding institution to play at either way. He's said in the past that he'd go there either way.


Former Indiana commit Raymon Taylor and current Florida commit Valdez Showers are both expect to attend Michigan's bowl practice on Saturday.  I would love to get both of these guys.  We need to depth at corner and they both are instate guys.  Valdez was player of the year and Raymon is a very physical corner. 

RR made an in home visit to NJ TE Jack Tabb. Monday is the start of the quiet period, where there can't be any pro-active contact from any coaching staff.  Recruits can call coaches but that is the only way that communication can take place.   

The rumor mill is churning today that Michigan might receive a defensive player commit this weekend.   I will have the news up as soon as I hear!

No comments: