That means the recruiting news should be pretty light the rest of the year. Michigan's next big official recruiting weekend will be January 7th. Don't forget January 8th is the Army All American game and Michigan has a number of prospects in that game including: Dee Hart, Ha'sean Clinton-Dix, Wayne Lyons, Kris Frost, and Blake Countness.
It will be key to have RR status "cleared up" by 1/3 for Michigan to save players like Dallas Crawford and Dee Hart in this class.
- Past Michigan visitor 2011 WR Hakeem Flowers just visited Oregon and is also looking at MSU, NC State, UCLA, and GA Tech.
- I know there has been alot of questions regarding a QB in class after Kevin Sousa changed his mind and elected to go to Wake Forrest which had a better path to playing time. One of the QB targets is QB Tanner McEvoy from NJ who just visited South Carolina this past weekend and will visit Ann Arbor on January 7th as well. Tanner won't list a leader until after all his visits are completed. He is also visiting North Carolina and Rutgers. Spurrier seems pretty high on this kid and has already done a in-home visit with him.
- Other visitors expected on 1/7 include: WR Devin Lucien, TE Frank Clark, DB Sheldon Royster, DB Dallas Crawford, and DE Deion Barnes.
- 2011 TE prospect Jack Tabb from NJ might announce his decision this week, as of right now I don't expect a Michigan decision.
- Roderick Ryles, a 2011 safety and teammate of Dee Hart's at Dr. Phillips has been talking to the Michigan coaches and might make a visit to Ann Arbor in January. A dream scenario for the Wolverines would be Hart, Clinton-Dix, and Ryles. I know, I said it was a dream scenario!
- Michigan 2011 Verbal RB Justice Hayes will be playing in the Offense - Defense Bowl in Myrtle Beach on 12/31.
- Former Michigan LB Doug Mallory was named co-defensive coordinator for Indiana yesterday.
- It is clear the Michigan coaches want one TE in this class. The latest guy to be offered is Dallas, TX TE Andrew Peterson who is rated a 2 star prospect from Rivals but has a nice offer list which includes: Tennessee, Utah, Texas AM, Nebraska, and Arkansas.