Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wolverine Wednesday: Hot Month - Hot Recruiting

Michigan's Camp as a couple more days left but the recruiting trial continues to be "hot" for the Wolverines. 
Here is some more news to keep an eye on:

  • 5 Star OL Kyle Kalis has de-committed form OSU and will be in Ann Arbor this weekend, there are also rumors floating around that 5 star RB Bri'Onte Dunn might also pull this verbal from the Buckeyes.  Michigan seems well positioned for both guys if they want to stay close to home and play Big 10 Football.

  • Michigan has offered OH RB Alden Hill who preformed well at camp this week. They want me as an all purpose back, a full back and running back. Someone they don't have to change personnel if they switch plays out of the two back system. I'm definitely good with that role, it's good for competition. I actually just got an offer from Iowa too, so the Big Ten is starting to come in now.

  • Ondre Pipkins is a player Michigan has very high on their board.  He seems to be very interested in the Wolverines as well. The process might end a little sooner than I expected. I can't wait to get up to Michigan to visit.


  • I don't think we should expect it, but it would be nice if Chris Wormley pulled the trigger on a Michigan verbal this weekend. 
  • TomVH catches up with Danny O'Brien after his camp performance and clarifies his Michigan recruitment:  There was basically some confusion during the spring on how they wanted things to go and they told me they wanted me to come to camp and prove myself. They told me that there's basically only a couple defensive tackles with offers and they will probably only take one interior guy. They're going to recruit me really hard now and they gave me the pitch and everything. Danny doesn't have a leader but would be a nice addition to the class.  I think it's really important to lock down the instate guys.  I believe they would take both Danny and Ondre if you are keeping score at home. 

No comments: