Saturday, September 1, 2012

Game Day Good Karma Videos

The last time Michigan played in a Kickoff Classic was a game in the Big House against Virgina in 1995. 

It was LC's first game as interim head coach.  Virgina had Barber brothers on it's squad running back Tiki and defensive back Ronde.  They also had future NFL linebackers James Farrior and Jamie Sharpers

I think most of you will remember the game winning pass. Mercury Hayes!






Or the last time Michigan and Alabama met in the 2000 Orange Bowl with Mr. Tom Brady and the A-Train.  




Enjoy the day and Go Blue!

1 comment:

Voice of Reason said...

I don't know if you've read the latest article in the Bleacher Report that says: "Floyd Mayweather betting 3MM on Michigan?"

It caught my attention because in my other life, I had learned how to bet on the horses at the track. I never got rich [because I was so cheap] but I was good at it.

However, one thing that I had learned is to be careful when everyone is saying that the favorite is going to win, because even though there is a reason why they are the favorite, the favorite doesn't always win. I was taught to follow the "smart" money.

The smart money looks at certain key variables in a race or a game, that is overlooked by the general public. That is why most people lose when they bet the favorite and the longshot cleans up.

One key thing to look for in the betting line is to see where the "smart" money is going on this game because the smart money "knows" more about those certain variables than the general public and the talking heads on television.

However, with Mayweather placing his bet like this and it's made public, it's difficult to say if he has access to those variables and is following the smart money, or if he is following something else. My gut tells me that because of his betting history that he knows "something" that tells him that Michigan is the smarter wager. In any case, if his bet is real it will effect the betting line.

Personally, I really like Michigan's chances here straight up, however, I admit that I'm a homer and I'm looking for reasons why I think they'll win. That is why I wouldn't bet on this game. Go Blue!!!