Michigan doesn't play West Virginia very often in basketball or football. That ends on Saturday when Michigan and West Virginia meet in New York. This will also be the first match-up since Michigan hired John Beilein and Rich Rodriguez. I'm pretty sure the Mountaineer fans are not too upset since they have a solid basketball coach in Bob Huggins and that Rich Rod flamed out at Michigan. Too bad they didn't have a return policy. The school also got millions of dollars from both coaches and U of M in buyouts.
Lucky for Michigan we have our strongest basketball team in 20 years and West Virginia is 4-4 this year. On a side note, I love how Beilein has scheduled teams this year. He has a nice mix of big name schools, cupcakes, road games and neutral sites.
- I'm sure Rutgers is happy seeing the Big East implode which might mean they can save their Big East buyout. This also could mean they could be playing football in the Big Ten as early as next year.
- Big visit day/weekend mostly for commits and David Dawson. They will get to hang out with each other and watch a bowl practice. Watch for the surprise names that might pop up on Saturday or Sunday. I wouldn't expect a commitment but DD has the highest probability.
- Recruiting experts believe that Leon McQuay is leaning towards Vandy now that the head coach has signed an extension. This might be the reason that Michigan offered Cass Tech's Delano's Hill this week. Out of the big 3 (McQuay, Treadwell and Green) it sounds like Michigan is in the best spot with Derrick Green.
- Another DB to keep an eye on is Virginia commit Tim Harris. There are reports he is interested in looking around and does have a Michigan offer. He is 6'2 188 pounds and a 4 star prospect to Rivals. He has offers from OSU, Va Tech, Cal and Tennessee.
- Wisconsin is going to interview Oregon State's head coach Mike Riley. Al Golden declined to interview for the position. Mike seems like a strange choice to me.