There is just a few more weeks left in the 2013 class. Most coaches around the country are visiting 2013 recruits and making sure they finish strong on signing day. Michigan coaches are visiting commits but they are also spending a lot of time on 2014 recruits and even 2015 class members.
A couple names to watch in 2014:
- QB David Cornwell a 4 star prospect from Norman, OK. He is 6'5 and 235 pounds. He has offers from IU and Virginia Tech right now. The Michigan coaches were out to visit him recently and he might make it up to Ann Arbor this spring. David is hoping for a Michigan offer.
- WR Dominique Booth from Indianapolis. He has a final 7 of Tennessee, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Mississippi State.
- Teammates WR Artavis Scott and OT Mason Cole from Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Cass Tech Running Back Mike Webber. He was just offered a scholarship from Michigan.
- Cass Tech Defensive End Joshua Alabi. He was just offered a scholarship from Michigan.
- RB Damien Harris Berea, Kentucky has Michigan offer.
- WR George Campbell Jr. Tarpon Springs, Florida has Michigan offer.
Last Minute Offers?
Last year, Michigan missed out on 5 guys they were targeting and had the availability to offer some last minute offers to other guys like Dennis Norfleet who made a big difference in Michigan's kick off return game this year. Michigan has two spots left in this class.
They want 1 to go to Derrick Green on Saturday and one to go to Durham Smythe on signing day. The odds are DG goes Blue and Durham is a mystery right now with ND, Michigan and Stanford as his final 3. If DG goes Blue and Durham doesn't, would Michigan offer up a guy not on the radar right now? I think they would save it but that's not fun...............let's speculate.
Pure Speculation on last minute offers:
- Kenton Gibbs, DT from Cass Tech. 6'2 290 pounds and ranked 3 stars by Rivals. His final list is down to Wisconsin, NC State, IU and Illinois. Reports are he would jump at a Michigan offer. Update: Gibbs committed to NC State this morning.
- If DG doesn't commit: Godwin Igwebuike a 3 star athlete that is committed to Northwestern. He has visited Michigan a few times and could come in as a RB. He is from Pickerington, Ohio.