Friday, August 29, 2014

App State Preview




Time: 12:00
Location:  Big House
TV: ESPN 2
Weather: H: 82 w/50% of rain
Line: Michigan +34



Their Back!  The team that might have given Michigan it's worst loss in the history of the program is back in the Big House.  I haven't been a big fan of re-scheduling this game because I thought it was a no win situation for the program.  If Michigan blows them out, it just getting revenge for the train wreck in 2007, if Michigan were to lose - then the program sinks even lower.   I will take the blow out victory at this point. 


The upside is only a few people are still in the program that coached that 2007.   The players weren't here and this is really more just the fans program then for the coaches or players.   The issue at play here is, nobody from the media is expecting anything from the Wolverines this year so we have been sparred replays of the train wreck over and over this week.   Thank you USC for grabbing headlines this week!



Tale of the Tape


Team 135 vs. The Memory of 2007 = Team 135


Michigan should handle this team pretty easy.  This isn't the same back to back D1A National Champions like they were in 2007.   In fact, App. State is now a FBS or D1 school and a new member to the Sun Belt Conference they were 4-8 last year.  


App. State does like to run the ball and has a good running back in Marcus Cox and some veteran offensive lineman.   I'm sure they will use the same formula they did in 2007, which equals a tempo offense, some big pass plays as well as quick hitter run game. 


Michigan's defense is now prepared for this tempo style of offense and has a ton of talent all over the field.   I expect Michigan defensive line to dominate which will allow Michigan's talented LB's get plenty of openings for tackles for short gains or even losses.
What to watch for

  • Offensive Line- Block Somebody!
  • Defense keep them out of the end zone
  • Michigan will have a 100 yard rusher
  • Devin to Devin for a touchdown
  • Do you want to be Pepper to?
  • A Michigan Pick 6 by the Count
I don't love this opponent but I love Michigan Football.   Saturday is the first step in the comeback of Michigan Football.   Exercise the ghosts from the Train Wreck in 2007 and let's go into South Bend 1-0!   I also love the Noon kickoff!



Michigan 44 App. State 9

Go Blue!

4 comments:

M go Clean said...

Regardless of the score, I'll be watching the O-Line. I am optimistic and will hope for the best. However, I still remember our O-line looking like a bunch of 150lb walk-on's against Akron and UCON. If they look average, or below against Ap St. one really has to question Funk's and Wellman's abilities. If they look really good we can close that door and it's all on Borges....lol Go Blue!!!

Bob said...

Sorry about the formatting today, the blog software has gone a bit crazy for some reason. Great timing.

Anonymous said...

I agree M Go Clean, but I can't ever remember our Oline being questionable. In fact I always remember Keith Jackson seeming to do a weight comparison which was usually larger than many NFL lines.

Voice of Reason said...

I would like to see a Michigan win of 44-0 or something like that, but when I think of the fact that ASU is now a D-1 team that tells me that in principle, they're in our weight class and no longer light heavyweights.

I would settle for a good sound convincing victory that showed Michigan was the better team and in control throughout the entire game. That is what I want to see tomorrow against ASU.

I expect ASU to try some things Michigan has never seen them do and try to steal the game, but I think this game was circled on the Michigan coaches calendar and Michigan should be ready. My only concern is a let down against ND.
IMHO