Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Michigan Tuesday: Time To Move On

BHB readers I appreciate all the reads, comments and emails the last couple days!


It's hard to forget last Saturday, but it's Tuesday and time to move on.   Let's look at some news that happened yesterday.


Hoke had a press conference where he didn't say anything again.  If he won't talk to the media about injuries, it's pretty much a waste of time. 


Injuries:

  • Jabrill Peppers, he was dressed last week, so I expect he might be back this week
  • Ray Taylor, I'm not sure what his injury is, so it's hard to predict when he could be back.  I don't believe he will be on the field this weekend.
  • Devin Funchess ankle looked pretty bad at the end of the game.  I expect him to sit out this weekend.
  • Desmond Morgan is out for at least 6 weeks.
  • Jake Butt was dressed for ND and got in for a couple of snaps.  That is great news!
  • Kyle Kalis might still be injured
  • Update from Twitter:  It sounds like DeVeon Smith is also hurt - reports have him limping around campus.


He also mention things about better red zone defense and finishing drives.  He also says there will be more of kicking competition this week between Matt Wile and Kenny Allen.  


  • Utah now in the PAC 12 kickoff will be 3:30 on ABC
  • The NCAA allows Penn State to go to a bowl game this year, which seems to me to be the right decision.   The current coaches or players had nothing to do with what did and didn't happen in the past. 
  • Chad Lindsay the Alabama transfer who picked OSU over Michigan to transfer to, has retired from football due to a couple of injuries during fall camp.
  • Michigan is a 31.5 favorite this weekend.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So, if a father commits a murder, and has 4 kids of his own, should he not go to jail because his kids had nothing to do with it?

It's ridiculous that they lifted the Penn St ban.

In Harbaugh we trust said...

Hey buddy great article....I want to ask u a serious question...I'd love to see Jim take over if Brady is gone..but I just think he will use us to make more money .. If up to u...who do u think they should go for ..and at this time your gut feeling who he will be..thanks George

Scott K said...

I get irritated by these guys who say, 'stop whining, you aren't a true fan if you complain about a bad game or a loss'.

I've been a die hard Michigan fan since I got out of diapers in about '71. I don't think anyone is less of a fan for expecting improvement, for expecting to see your team take the field prepared to play to their potential.

Maybe there are 'true fans' who are content with watching games regardless of the outcome and go with the flow, 7-6 seasons as well as 11-2 seasons....
I'm not one of those.... I expect to see the winningest team in NCAA football history, to be a dominating force... We had our down years, now I expect to see improvement year to year, week to week. After the sore disappointing conclusion to the last two seasons, I expect to see the team come out of the tunnel OVER prepared to bring their A game.. That isn't happening! That isn't acceptable!

I think John Harbaugh would be a great choice and I think he wants the job. Jim, in my opinion, burned that bridge when he bashed the program when he didn't get offered the job when Carr retired.

Anonymous said...

I don't buy the current players weren't there, so why punish them now argument.

Paterno and the rest of the clowns at PSU would have all been fired about 8-9 years earlier. Since it was swept under the rug, they hung around and mitigated any damage then.

The benefited in the past and deserve to be punished for that benefit.

Also, an in season decision and it takes affect immediately - they should have to wait until next year.