Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Michigan Tuesday: The Commits Keep Coming!

The commit train keeps running through Ann Arbor:

Sean McKeon a 6'5 230 pound TE from Dudley (MA) Shepherd Hill committed to Michigan on Monday after performing well at Michigan's camp.   Sean again falls into one of those Michigan recruits that the services don't have a ton of information on.   He is rated 3 stars by Scouts and 247 but only 2 stars to Rivals. 

His offer list has some familiar schools on it Air Force, Boston College, Colorado State, Columbia, UConn, Harvard, UMass, Pitt, Syracuse, Temple, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Yale.   Another smart kid in the Maize and Blue!  The Air Force academy must be reeling after the last two days.  :-)

The book on Sean of course he is a big target with nice speed and runs a good route.    He naturally needs to work on blocking and getting stronger in the weight room.   Pretty typical stuff for a soon to be high school senior.

As you can tell, this is another "big smart" athlete that fits the Harbaugh system.   Jimmy is looking for specific types of players no matter where they are from or where they are ranked by the services.

The second player to commit is "Hail to" Victor Viramontes a dual threat QB from Norco (CA).  VV impressed the coaches last week at the Fresno camp and got offered the next day.   This dual threat prospect had offers from the likes of Colorado, Colorado State, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, Nevada, San Diego State, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.  As you can tell,  Nebraska and GT like very mobile run first QB's.  

Victor is much more then that and has been proving it this summer and recently was named the top QB at one of Rivals 5 star camps.   All the services consider him a 3 star prospect at 6'1 205 pounds.  The kid can play QB, RB or even LB on defense. 

With Michigan already with Brandon Peters in the class why did they need another QB?  Because Harbaugh would prefer a roster full of nothing but QB's and ...................

“I’m coming in as an athlete,” Viramontes said. “I trust the coaches so wherever they want to play me, I’m fine with. I worked out at quarterback and got great feedback from the staff. They said I remind them of Kap (Colin Kaepernick) because of how I can run and throw but we’ll see where I end up.
“It’s really not an issue for me, I’ll play wherever they want me. This is such an exciting time for me and it feels great to have the decision out of the way. My goal all along was to commit sometime in the summer so I can focus on Norco football and having a great senior year with my brothers on the team.

#'s: Michigan now is at 14 commits and it seems the Wolverine coaches are looking for a class in the 20's range.  I expect we are going to hear about som attrition or medical redshirts in the next few weeks. 


2 comments:

Scott K said...

I love that attitude.... "I'll play wherever they want me"

Unknown said...

That is really a dignified attitude. They should give a chance to new commers.
gatwick meet and greet