Monday, May 28, 2018

Michigan Memorial Day Monday: New 2018 PWO Offensive Lineman?

Side Note:  I will be taking some time off this week, so you will be treated to some of Michigan's 2017 season game highlights each day this week.  I will pick only the wins, because nobody wants to revisit the loses again.   Special thank you goes out to parkinggod on YouTube for all the hard work on the highlights and the great job he does after every game!


Since today is Memorial Day, I thought it would be fitting to start with Air Force.


Before we do that there is a unique situation about a potential new PWO for the 2018 class, offensive guard recruit Griffin Korican.  Griffen was a 2 star prospect and has signed to be a PWO at Oregon State but has been in discussion with Coach Warinner.   Griffin is from Seattle and is 6'5 and 295 pounds.  Per Land of 10:


“I signed a preferred walk-on with Oregon State and during my spring break [in April], I visited Michigan and talked with Coach [Ed] Warinner and he told me I could do a PWO [preferred walk-on] if they could get me into the school,” Korican said. “Long story short, they got me into Michigan and now I’m making a decision on where to go.”


The 6-foot-5, 295-pound offensive lineman said he is “pretty much” committed to Michigan, but is taking a visit on June 2 to solidify his feelings for himself and his family.


“It’s more for my parents, honestly,” Korican said. “They want to meet and talk with the coaches and I want to meet with some of the players and talk with the coaches again to make sure I’m making the right choice.”


As a 2-star prospect, Korican had offers from San Diego and the Colorado School of Mines before taking the walk-on offer from Oregon State. However, he thinks Michigan gives him a better chance to be successful.


“I feel like Michigan is the only opportunity I have earned where I will compete against the best every day, which will make me into the best player I can become,” he said. “I also really like Coach Warinner because of his old-school mentality and toughness he instills in his players.


Welcome Big Man!


  • Congratulations to former Michigan Wolverine Quinton Washington who is on the Pit Crew of Indy 500 Champ Will Power!



No comments: