Monday, May 13, 2019

Breaking News: Coach B To The Cleveland Cavs

Jacobsmedia
My plan was to talk about Michigan getting a commit from the #2 QB and #19th player in the 2021 class.   I wasn't expecting to talk about Coach Beilein leaving Michigan for the NBA.

John is supposedly telling the Wolverines right now.

The question has to be, why?  NBA coaches are hired to be fired.

I'm also sure John knows that.  After last years flirtation with the Pistons, I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am.

We haven't heard the reasons from John's mouth yet, which I'm sure is coming.  But if I had to guess....
  • John feels like the NBA is the last hurdle in his career. 
  • After his heart surgery, maybe he considered some things that was missing in his life/career.  
  • Cavs assistant GM played for Coach B at WVU
  • Dan Gilbert owner of the Cavs is of course a Sparty, but is clearly familiar with John and his coaching ability.  
  • The Cavs on Tuesday have a decent shot Zion. 

I'm still in shock and not sure what Michigan does next.  John is 66 and this is his last stand for sure.  I wish him nothing but the best but still in shock as he takes over one of the worst NBA teams. 

This is 100% my list for Michigan's next head coach:

1. Juwan Howard, assistant coach of the Miami Heat.   He interviewed for the Lakers head coach and is clearly ready for the next step. 
2. LaVall Jordan, head coach of the Butler and of course from the Coach B coaching tree.  He hasn't had a ton of success being a head coach to this point. 
3. Luke Yaklich, is of course already on staff and has designed this great defense.  


Those are the top 3 guys off the top of my head.  It will be interesting to see where this goes from here and at this point, maybe they just make Yaklich the interim coach and give him a year to prove himself.  

Finding player solutions for next year, has just taken a major hit and now probably won't happen. 

Wasn't expecting this on a Monday.    

3 comments:

Cormac said...

I am going to be totally selfish. I am NOT going to wish him luck. Cleveland? OMG!

Goose said...

At least he didn't go to osu.

SecondChance said...

I don't watch the NBA, but good luck to coach B. Need to make an impact hire, no assistant coaches.