Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Wolverine Wednesday: Looking Back At 2020 Class

2020 has been a terrible year for many reasons.   So its really good news that Michigan picked up a very strong recruiting class in 2019 before 2020 even started.  With freshman reporting and Michigan slowly re-opening its doors, this class started to get me re-excited about its potential.

All American Potential:

  • Braiden McGregor is coming off an injury as a senior and might have to redshirt this year but I have a great feeling this guy is going to make a huge difference.  Winovich 2.0

  • AJ Henning and Roman Wilson could be Michigan's next two star WR's.   If these guys have great years, it could push Josh Gattis into a head coaching role sooner rather then later.   I expect both players to see limited time as freshmen. 
All Big Ten Potential
  • I'm going to pencil in Zak Zinter into the Ben Bredeson role.  Multi-year starter on the offensive line and mid round NFL draft pick.  

  • Morant and Moten are going to rule the defensive backfield for many years.  Both are very good athletes.  I also thought they were the same person for about 2 weeks last summer. 

  • DG-W is one of the best CB we have recruited in a few years and might find himself on the field as a freshman. 
There is plenty of speed a LB but not sure which one is going to show out and be an impact player yet.  

I'm sure others in the class will become starters but will have to sit for a few years.  The above guys are the ones I expect will see the most time as freshman.    This class if fast and full of athletes which I love, I hope it starts to close the divide with OSU and other top programs like Alabama and Clemson.  

No comments: