Monday, August 15, 2022

Michigan Monday: Welcomes Zach Marshall

Over the weekend, Michigan got somewhat of a surprise 2023 commitment from TE Zach Marshall from California.  Zach is listed as a 6'4 220-pound Athlete on 24/7 but most expect him to translate to the TE position at the next level.  His offer list included the likes of Army, Arizona, WSU, CAL, Boise State, Utah and others.  

Zach's 3-star ranking won't wow you as he is ranked #685 in the country, the 60th athlete, and #51 in California but he visited Michigan for the BBQ, did a workout for the coaches, and is now a Wolverine.  

"There were a lot of reasons why I chose Michigan," Marshall said. "I really loved everything about the school. I love the winning culture, their commitment to winning on the field and in the classroom and my relationship with the coaching staff.

"I felt like I connected really with all the coaches but especially coach Newsom, the TE coach. We had some great conversations on my visit and I have a really strong comfort level with him and feel he's the kind of coach who can develop me and help me reach the highest level."

  • Michigan finished off its scrimmage in the Big House on Saturday with a special moment.  Dametrius Walker was a 2022 recruit out of Muskegon who during his senior year was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer.   Dametrius is now in a wheel chair and the Michigan offense set up in its formation on the goal line and handed the ball to Walker (while being pushed by Coach Harbaugh) ran into the end zone for a touchdown!   Well done to everyone that was involved in such a special moment.  Meechie keep fighting and we're all pulling for you here at the Big House Blog! 

2 comments:

szanreno said...

Gotta love a coach like that. Of course Scottydoggs would probably find fault somehow. Thanks JH...

Blue said...

Seems like a great kid, who looks to have quality characteristics, and according to his HS coach “He’s got the best hands I’ve ever seen. Ridiculous.” https://twitter.com/i/status/1558640926657875970