Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Wolverine Wednesday: Iowa Jinx

Michigan had two high profile players transfer to Iowa in the off season.  Cade was injured and lost his starting job to JJ and Erick All who also was having injury troubles and had grown frustrated with Michigan's medical team, got private surgery, and also headed to Iowa.  


A couple weeks ago, Cade went down with an ACL injury and it was announced yesterday All suffered the same injury against Wisconsin on Saturday.   I would assume both will be back next season to fight for the Hawkeyes again.  Remember when Iowa continued to lose every RB that was on the roster?  This has a similar feel.   Good luck to both former Wolverines (even though both have been salty since they left).  BTW: Iowa seems to have a clear path to 11-1 and the Big Ten Championship.   I know, it's sad. 

Per Mikey, this is what Jimmy told the team: Coach Harbaugh says: ‘A faithful man forgives; a smart man forgets; the Harbaughs remember,’’ Mike Sainristil quipped.

I guess it wasn't accurate what he said in the press conference that it was a million years ago and both sides have moved on.  So, Harbaugh's not smart?

  • Who do we want to win OSU - PSU game on Saturday?  I'm leaning towards Ohio State as I would love an undefeated match-up at the end of the year.  Other tough games, OSU in a week goes to Wisconsin (not as tough with the loss of the Badgers starting QB).   Penn State still has to go to Maryland.  
  • Josh Uche has a foot injury for the Patriots.

6 comments:

Goblu said...

I’d love to see PSU win 6-3 in a super sloppy game

Chas said...

Michigan was plagued with ACL injuries for a period of time prior to Ben Herbert arriving. What does Ben do in conditioning to prevent ACL injuries? Other teams seem to have quite a few, but not Michigan. Or, is my perception incorrect?

Brady2017 said...

Here's what I think of Erick All and Cade McNamara- Fuck you, karma's a bitch. And for those who don't like it, show me a guy that wishes his ex-wife well after she cheats on him and leaves him and I'll show you a stupid s.o.b. Any player trying to kick Michigan's ass is no friend of mine.

Goblu said...

For what worth, think two kids who you don't/never will know, who left a college for their own reasons is really quite diff than a cheating wife.

Chowman said...

Goblu:

Cade left cause he lost the starting job. That's just the landscape of college football today. While that was his prerogative, I never like his sideline demeanor when they'd put JJ in for a play or a series. He'd sulk! Yeah, I get its human nature, you still need to be a team player and a good team mate, 2 characteristics that I didn't see in Cade. All was a bit of a headscratcher. I don't know whether Michigan shut him down and he didn't feel he should of been? Or maybe the All's wanted surgery and the Michigan medical staff didn't think that was the best route? Maybe he was bros with Cade and when Cade left, the was the end for him?

But like Brady, once you leave the program, you're dead to me. I just don't care. but I'm weird like that, I don't typically follow UofM players once they left for the pros unless they are like Aiden and play for the local team. I'll be watching a Lions game and say, Oh that's where so-and-so is playing now.

szanreno said...

So let me get this straight. If a player graduates and goes on to the NFL or life itself, he's dead to you?!?