Thursday, June 24, 2021

Michigan Thursday: Michigan Lands Its QB and Its a Bit of a Surprise

Michigan has been looking for a QB in the 2022 class for sometime.   They have been spending a ton of time talking to guys in California and Alabama.   Somewhere already committed to other schools, other wanted to stay closer to home, and the guy from Alabama wanted to play at North Carolina.  

So the search continued, until the Michigan coaches saw a workout, invited him to campus and then offered him.  Then this happen from 24/7:

“I’m really excited to be a Wolverine,” Denegal said. “This is a dream for me, to play for a big time school like Michigan. I really didn’t know what to expect coming out here but was hoping for the best.

“Once they offered me, there was no need to wait it out. I love this coaching staff and it was great working out with them. Even coach Harbaugh was out there with me taking some reps. There is so much history and tradition here and it’s just a great all around fit. It's a great academic fit for me too, Michigan really is the best of every world and I'm almost speechless right now."

“I actually worked out for Michigan at the Redlands camp last week,” Denegal said. “My QB coach Danny Hernandez knows coach (Matt) Weiss really well and told him about me.

“He knew coach Weiss was coming to Redlands and told him about me and then told me I needed to come out and throw for him. I had a pretty good workout there and he invited me back to the camp today. There was no guarantees or anything that I would get an offer but I trusted myself and it ended up working out for the best.”

"I felt great, I felt like it was one of the best workouts I've had," Denegal. "The coaches were awesome with the feedback and I couldn't stop smiling after they offered. I didn't want to commit right away.

"Me and my dad walked the campus, just to get a feel for the place and then I went back in to the football office and committed in person. I just got back to my hotel room but it still feels unreal. The past few months were stressful for me, not knowing what I was going to do and now that this is behind me, it's a great feeling."Jayden is a pro style QB from California and a big one at 6'4 and 215 pounds.  He is a 4 star prospect with offers from the likes of Auburn, Georgia, Colorado, MSU, Utah, and Oregon State.   Even though he is the19th ranked QB in the country he seems a bit under the radar and should take leaps and bounds under Harbaugh and Weiss.

Jayden is a pro style QB from California and a big one at 6'4 and 215 pounds. He is a 4 star prospect with offers from the likes of Auburn, Georgia, Colorado, MSU, Utah, and Oregon State. Even though he is the19th ranked QB in the country he seems a bit under the radar and should take leaps and bounds under Harbaugh and Weiss.

Now the coaches can focus on the other needs for the class like LB, DT, and CB.  

  • Seth Trimble picked UNC as expected.  Another reason Michigan took the commitment of Dug. 

No comments: