Monday, February 13, 2023

Michigan Monday: I knew that Turf was a POS

I was watching an Arizona Cardinals on Redzone prior to the Fiesta Bowl and had a thought in the back of my mind.  This real grass seems very slippery and could be an issue for the Wolverines who normally play on field turf.  That prediction came true.  Now, I don't blame the grass for Michigan's loss, but it didn't help.  


I'm sure the NFL and the Super Bowl won't make the same mistake.  Then they did.  I don't know if it's the air conditioning or having the roof open or closed, but that is one slippery field and not one you should be playing a championship game on. 

I hated how that great game ended.  I didn't have a dog in the fight but thought that holding call was one that they haven't called all night and should've kept the flag in their pocket on a play where Mahomes was clearly throwing it away.

Congratulations to Chad Henne who will be known has one of the best backup QB's ever. He just didn't hold a clip board and was vital in limited roles in the Chiefs Super Bowl runs.  He played 15 years and got 2 Super Bowl Rings as he announced his retirement last night after the Super Bowl.    The NFL has lost 2 Michigan QB's in 2 weeks with a total of 9 rings between them.  Not too shabby. 

  • Michigan received a 2025 commitment from Georgia LB Mantrez Walker, he is 6'1 and 215 pounds and not rated yet.  He does have offers from LSU, Florida, and Penn State as well. 




1 comment:

Goblu said...

Gotta love Henne!

That holding play was holding (even defender admitted), but I agree. It's not how you end a Super Bowl. That one non-call in New Orleans years ago should have been called. This one didn't impact the play and was a mistake to call.

Otherwise, def an exciting SB