Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Wolverine Wednesday: The Freaks Come Out on Saturday's

Bruce Feldman has been a NCAA Football reporter for many years.  I actually sat next to him in the Michigan Stadium press box once.  I don't like sitting in the press box because they don't allow cheering.  I 'm a fan not a journalist and I want to cheer or curse at my team.  That is not allowed in the Press Box.  My last time was for RR's last game in the Gator Bowl. 


Bruce a few years ago started to make a "Freaks List" to identify some of the most athletically talented players in the NCAA.  Former Wolverines to make the list include Rashan, Mazi, Hutch, and Kris Jenkins.  This year has 4 Wolverines including Ken Grant who comes in at #3.  The next on the list is #13 presumed QB starter Alex Orji, #28 Will Johnson, and at #90 Marlin Klein.  It seems maybe Mason Graham was left off and was nice to see Marlin Klein on the list.  If these "Freaks" play well this season, Michigan will take another run at a Big Ten Championship. 

  • Pit Bull is paying FIU over a $1M a year to put his name on the stadium. That is not a great investment.  Quick question, is Pit Bull still earning big money that he can throw $1M a year away?
  • Is Michigan going to be on Peacock again this season?  I might need to sign up for the 3 month package again.  I hear that service is doing a great job with Olympics coverage.  I did cut the cord this summer and now a YouTube TV subscriber.  I'm looking forward to watching 4 games at the same time on that service. 
  • Speaking of YouTube, I hear there is a new Harbaugh Documentary available. 

3 comments:

ScottyDoggs said...

Our new coach Sherrone might be penalized a few games like Harbaugh because of deleted e-mails .... what if Harbaugh returns favor and coaches the first game (because NFL starts a week after college). Please skip the preceding question because it's plain stupid idea!

Chowman said...

The streaming of games irks me to no end. The one early playoff game that I wanted to watch last year was the Miami-KC game. Wanted to watch Tua struggle in the cold!!! :) But it was stream only and I didn't have a subscription. I also hate the trial, as I'm not giving them my CC# for a trial. They prey on the people that forget to cancel and end up paying for months without knowing it.

That being said, I'm finally going to cut the cord once my current contract is up with Xfinity. The whole Bally's/Diamond Sport thing pissed me off. To make it worse, when they finally came to an agreement, I was going to have to upgrade my service to get Bally's again. Forget it! That being said, any of you guys have a suggestion for a Xfinity alternative streaming service, i.e. Youtube or Sling?

Goblu said...

Welcome back to the US. Peacock is excellent for the olympics. Really good stuff.