Friday, August 22, 2008

Put another "Spoon" on the Table: Marcus is back!


When it seems like Offensive Lineman and other players are dropping like flies due to injuries, etc. Michigan gets a boost from one of it's highly regarded Freshman recruits when Marcus Witherspoon reports to camp for the first time.

Marcus was rumored to have an NCAA Clearinghouse problem or was academically ineligible and lost for the entire year. Well, that doesn't seem to be the case and Marcus is heading to Ann Arbor today to start practice with his teammates:


"Something came up. The rumors you've heard are probably false, don't believe them," Witherspoon said. "There's nothing that would make me not go back to
Michigan."It was a personal matter, but all is good. There's nothing bad. It was just a lot of things and I don't really want to talk about it. I'm just keeping quiet."


"I missed a week of camp, so I don't know what they'll do until I get back," he added. "I missed some time. If it wasn't for this, I probably -- no, I'm quite confident -- I would have been playing. Whatever the coaches decide will be for the best."

Due to the missed time Marcus may end up redshirtting. BTW: He missed more then a week.

"There's no harm in redshirting," Witherspoon said. "It would just give me an extra year and I really don't mind."

No comments: