Caris had surgery to repair a broken bone in his foot on Monday: “Caris underwent surgery today for a stress fracture of his foot at the University of Michigan hospital," Beilein said in a statement. "He is doing well and we expect him to make a full recovery in about 8 to 10 weeks. We are confident he will participate in our late summer training and play in our August trip to Europe.”
It's unclear if Caris will be ready for the Durant Camp in July. Sounds like he probably won't. I hope he gets well soon and can continue his summer workouts soon.
- Michigan has agreed to a home and home against SMU in basketball. Coach B vs. Larry Brown. Larry is building a very nice program down there and is doing well at attracting talented players.
Michigan's long list of QB's for the 2015 came to a quick end yesterday as Alex committed to the Wolverines. Here is what I like about Alex coming to A2:
- He is a local boy, keeping top talent in-state and away from Michigan State is important.
- He seems to be a quick learner, he had/has some delivery issues which he seems to be working on.
- He has a strong arm and seems to be able to make all the throws
- He is also an accurate passer
- He gets to work 4-5 years with Coach Nuss
Alex will have to be patient at Michigan, since he will have Shane and Wilton ahead of him when he arrives on campus in the summer of 2015. Wilton is already on campus and has Spring Ball under his belt.