Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Wolverine Wednesday: Brandon Peters Transfers to Illinois


I'm happy for Brandon that he finally found a new team.  It has been clear for over a year that he was the odd man out at the QB position in Ann Arbor.  He announced yesterday he was transferring to Illinois and will have two years left and immediate eligibility for Lovie Smith.

Illinois is close to home for Brandon and his family and happy that he will get a shot at starting for the next two years.  Michigan plays Illinois next season at Champaign on 10/12.

That is the one change to the new transfer rule I would make.  If a player is immediately eligible, they should not be able to transfer to a team that is on the schedule (of the team your leaving) the next season.

Good luck to Brandon!

  • Mo Wagner is in the news.  The Lakers are trying to move his contract to open up more cap room and he also mistakenly liked a tweet about George Zimmerman.  He apologized about that and tweeted out that he didn't know how his account did that.   Mo wasn't even in the states when that tragedy happened. 

  • Juwan Howard continues to offer 5 star players.  He just offered the top player in the 2021 class.  I doubt he will have a ton of success offering these players, but I'm glad he is doing it.  

  • Jacksonville Jaguars LB Myles Jack has a new side business selling candles: I always take baths with candles . . . so I made my own little lavender candle,” Jack said, via Tess Demeyer of USA Today. “I lit it, and I was reading in the bath, and I was like, ‘Oh, OK. This candle’s actually all right.’”

1 comment:

Cormac said...

Transfer rules. He's a grad student. He can go where he wants. He is only one man. I wonder how Michigan fans would feel if some hotshot were transferring to Michigan and had to sit out a year?

Mo Wagner. SFW.