Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wolverine Wednesday Afternoon Update

  • Michigan target Latwan Anderson, Safety from Cleveland likes WVU: Per ESPN: One of the fastest prospects in the Midwest, defensive back Latwan Anderson(Cleveland, Ohio/Glenville), estimates his scholarship offer list to stand at over 40.
    However, Anderson says he is focused on a half dozen schools.
    "I've got about six schools I'm looking at, West Virginia, Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina, Miami and Michigan State," Anderson said. "West Virginia is my favorite. I really like their coaches. I enjoy talking to them. And I like the family environment with the players." "Most of the schools are recruiting me as a safety," Anderson said. "But Michigan State wants me to play cornerback."

  • State of Michigan QB Robert Bolden will announce his college choice on Friday. The betting money is on Penn State. Michigan and Michigan State both have their 2010 QB's already.

  • Darius Morris, one of John Beilein's top recruits in the 2009 class will wear #4 at Michigan.

  • Per Mgoblog: Austin White has Michigan as his leader. What does he like about Michigan? Right now, it’s still really close; they’re not set far apart. I like their style of offense; I think it fits me well. I have a really good relationship with the coaches too, and I like the way they coach. I talk to Coach Rod Smith and Jackson the most. I really like that I’ve built a good relationship with all the coaches, not just my position coaches. It’s good to get to know all of them, and see that they all have the same goals. That’s kind of what has them as my favorite.

  • Michigan is sending Stevie Brown, Sr., LB/SZoltan Mesko*, Sr., P, Mark Ortmann, Sr., LT to Media Day in Chicago on July 27 and 28. Seems like a strange list of players to me.

No comments: