Friday, February 26, 2010

Michigan Friday: Recruiting News and Notes


  • 2011 WR from Warren, Michigan, Ben McCord made it to Michigan's Junior Day last weekend: "I went to the junior day at Michigan this past weekend. It was very good. It was my second time being up there for a visit. They are interested in me. They just want me to work harder and keep doing good in school and on the field."


  • Per Sam Webb at WTKA and Scout, Michigan is still in the running for one of the best basketball players in the state, Mt. Pleasant's Trey Zeigler. John Beilein needs a big recruiting win after the year the Wolverines have had on the court.


  • Scott Van Pelt gives his take on Michigan's Allegations on his ESPN Radio show. (It's positive)


  • Michigan's DB Coach, Tony Gibson thinks Donovan Warren will have a long career in the NFL:“I think he’ll be a guy that plays at least 10 years in the league as long as he can stay away from injury and that kind of thing because he’s a talented kid,” Gibson said.

  • TomVH Recruiting insider from Mgoblog says that recruits are talking about the allegations and the what it will all mean. At least this will be over in Late Summer/Early Fall.

  • 2011 wide receiver DeAnthony Arnett (Saginaw, Mich) got an Oklahoma offer today.
    "Oklahoma just offered," Arnett said. "I called up one of their coaches, Jay Norvell. He said I have the offer. He said they would get the papers out as soon as possible.
    "Oklahoma certified my list, but I'm still waiting on Ohio State."
    That doesn't seem to promising for the Maize and Blue.

No comments: