Thursday, February 25, 2010

Michigan Thursday: Time to Talk About Other Things

Being a Michigan Football Blogger these days is like following your favorite NFL Team, there is always something to talk about. As a Michigan fan, I'm sick and tired of reading what Quality Control Staffers do and incomplete practice forms that didn't take warming up or stretching into consideration. So I scoured the Internet looking for other Michigan Football news to give to you.


  • More Michigan Walk On News: Kristian Mateus, a football player from Forest Hills Central will join the 2010 Wolverines as a Preferred Walk On. Kristian is 6'8 and 285 pounds offensive lineman. That is not a typo he is really 6'8! Kristian gives the standard walk on quote: “Coach (Rich) Rodriguez was a walk-on himself, so he has made a commitment to make a walk-on feel as comfortable as possible,” Mateus said. “I was recruited by Michigan, took a visit there, went to camp there last summer, and it’s the place I want to be.” Mateus is not rated by either recruiting service and didn't seem to have any D1 offers. At 6"8 and nearly 300 pounds, I would say that is an interesting pick up for a walk on.

  • 2011 DT from Ohio has MSU family ties: Kevin Williams High School Coach believes that Kevin is about to explode on the recruiting trial: "Being a former college coach and NFL coach, I knew he was going to blow up when I put his film out there and started making the calls," Marrow said. "My belief is that Kevin Williams is not just the top D-tackle in the Midwest, he is one of the top D-tackles in the country. I'm talking top five." Kevin' step-dad with a MSU guy and for every fathers day they go back to East Lansing for Pizza and Couching burning (just kidding Sparty! - it's actually to walk the campus). Kevin was at Michigan on Saturday for it's junior day and Sunday up to Michigan State. He is planning trips to ND, Ohio State, and Nebraska. His high school coach it friends with Bo Pelini. So this is going to be a tussle for the Wolverines to pick Kevin away from the Spartans and Cornhuskers.

  • Ohio 2011 DE Bryan Baird visited the Wolverines this past weekend as well: “When I went there, I had a great time. I met Coach Rod. It’s been my fourth visit up there, so I mean I’m getting to know all of them a lot. It’s getting more personal. I was with my recruiting coach, Tony Dews, and we watched the basketball game and just had a lot of fun.”

  • The NFL Combine in Indy kicks off today and there will be 4 Wolverines in attendance: Brandon Graham is of course the highest rated Wolverine draftee, Donovan Warren is the Michigan junior who is heading to the NFL early, Brandon Minor is the former Michigan running back that will not participate in any of the workouts due to his off season shoulder surgery, and Zoltan Mesko the highest rated punter in this years draft. Good luck on the Wonderlick Boys!

No comments: