- Penn State is tired of negative recruiting due to the Jerry Sandusky case. If your Penn State or Baylor right now, I think you have a huge hole to dig out of on the recruiting trail.
- After getting offered by Alabama earlier in the week, Jaylen Kelly-Powell added an Auburn offer this week as well. Maybe those teams should do a satellite camp in Michigan next summer. :-)
- We know that Michigan would still have to recruit Aubrey Solomon very hard after his surprise commitment last month. Aubrey will take all 5 official visits and Michigan in one of them. The others are Oregon, Florida, Clemson and USC. I can't blame a kid getting to see the US in 5 free trips.
- Four-star VA S Jonathan Sunderland is making his announcement this weekend and has Michigan in top 4. Insiders are not expecting him to end up in Ann Arbor and probably heading to Penn State. Michigan as you know have quite of few DB's high on their board.
- CB Benjamin St-Juste goes from pretty much un-known recruit to a top 100 guy on 24/7. He jumped up to the #92nd player in the nation on 24/7 after his Nike Opening performance.
- A very quiet recruitment is 5 star TX LB Baron Browning. He has visited A2 and his brother played for Jimmy at Stanford. Many recruiting services believed Michigan isn't a serious contender in his recruitment. Some new information suggests Michigan is in his top group and does have a chance to play for the Maize and Blue. The recruits that don't talk much to the services, really could surprise everyone with their choice.
With Michigan Fall Camp around the corner and high school practices starting. I expect we won't see a lot of new commits for awhile. Recruits now will look to take official visits before making a decision and that can start as early as 9/3. Michigan has 18 commits and probably 24 spots. I believe the staff wants to keep the final 6 or 7 spots open for some the big time players still left on the board.